The lightweight wall
Another photo tour of the shop whilst we prepare to reopen. This is the 4ply and laceweight wall... bursting with colour in finer weight yarns.
Click the links below for more info...
2. Not on the website. These are undyed 4ply and laceweight yarns in luxurious fibres like alpaca, silk, yak and cashmere. These need to be touched... so so soft and the undyed shades are rich and surprising.
4. Vivacious 4ply, a fantastic all rounder. You can make drapey fabrics, crisp cables and precise lace. Use it for garments and accessories... and it's machine washable. We've got 19 hand dyed shades - dark, bright and pastel.
5. Colliston Yarns 4ply Merino Singles. Our latest collection from Eilidh is selling fast!
6. Iolair Yarns - deeply saturated jewel tones in precious fibres... a real treat! We've got Gigha, a merino/silk blend and Luing, an alpaca, silk and cashmere blend. We used Gigha for our Simple Shawl, a free shop pattern.
7. Socks Yeah 4ply. A perfect single colour sock yarn in super soft machine washable merino. Remember, it's not just for socks!
9. Zauberball Cotton from Schoppel Wolle. This is organic cotton produced using environmentally-friendly water-saving technology. The yarn has an extra long colour gradient and a soft, colour-washed look. I used shade 2343 for a large eyelet shawl.
13. Rowan Fine Lace is a luxurious blend of finest baby Suri alpaca and merino wool. Another versatile yarn that can be used with different needle and hook sizes for different effects or why not try blending it with Rowan Kidsilk Haze for extra halo.