The Shetland Wool Week Annual 2023 (volume 9) is another beautiful celebration of Shetland’s textiles, creativity, heritage and wool.
There are 12 patterns from 11 leading Shetland knitwear designers. Expect vibrant Fair Isle motifs and patterns, subtle, intricate lace, weaving and more.
- Ella Gordon - Hattie Yoke
- Elizabeth Williamson - Skelberry Shawl
- Elizabeth Johnston - Starlight Blanket
- Jenny Jamieson - Foogry Cowl
- Emma Geddes - Krokbragd Table Runner
- Donna Smith - Muckle Leaf Beret
- Terri Leask - Da Waarie Jumper
- Linda Shearer - Vista Vest
- Nicole Coutts - Paet-Bank Gloves & Toorie
- Hazel Tindall - Tak Six Kloos Mitts
- Alison Rendall - Buggiflooer Beanie
You can see sizes and yarn requirements here.
- Hats off to Harriet – Laurie Goodlad meets the woman whose determination and smile captured the hearts of the world at the unveiling of a new portrait at Shetland Museum & Archives.
- Making Knitwear Sing – Felicity Ford on the perils and pleasures of the annual Colourbox Challenge.
- Creative Living on the Croft – The Tait family are the sixth generation to work the croft at West Lynne. Alastair Hamilton went to meet them and find out about their inspiring careers beyond tending the land.
- An Object of Hope – Helen Robertson’s artistic vision honours the precariousness & industry of her ancestors’ lives.
Printed on FSC stock.
152pp, 256 x 204mm