The Shetland Wool Week Annual 2022 is a beautiful celebration of Shetland’s textiles, creativity, heritage and wool.
Discover vivid Fair Isle patterns, Norwegian motifs, and designs inspired by the sea breeze and luminous light of our ocean-encircled islands.
This edition also includes heritage patterns a collaboration between the Unst Heritage Centre, Shetland Museum and Donna Smith.
Features this year include glorious illustrations of a miscellany of dressing boards from the Museum’s collection, a close look at the sample pages of the Shetland Tweed archive collection, and a peek at life behind the scenes for herdswoman, Anne Doull.
- SWW 2022 Patron Linda Shearer's ‘Bonnie Isle Hat’
- Donna Smith's 'Jemima's Jumper and Cowl’
- Mati Ventrillon's 'Moosidales Hat'
- Kathleen Anderson's 'Da Palm Beach Mitts'
- Hazel Laurenson's 'Merran's Cardigan'
- Alison Rendall's 'Stjarna Smucks'
- Edina Szeles' 'Seaweed Scarf' (weaving pattern)
- Wilma Malcolmson's ‘Ripple Wristlets’
- Elizabeth Johnston's 'Sea Breeze Cardigan'
- Rachel Hunter's 'Ristie Poncho'
- Ella Gordon's 'Sunbeam Dog Coat'
- Linda Shearer's 'Nesbyen Socks'
In addition to the two Heritage Pattern Features:
- Blocking Boards - The Art of Dressing Well - Carol Christiansen
- A Design Aesthetic - Shetland Tweed, to Paris and Beyond - Dr Sarah Dearlove.
- The Shetland Herdswoman - Janette Budge
Printed on FSC stock.
152pp, 256 x 204mm