Designed by Rachel Atkinson, Pop is the perfect hand knitted baby cardigan.
Knitted from the top-down this cardigan is a quick knit with very little finishing. Cast off the sleeves, sew on a few buttons and it's done.
It's the perfect first baby cardigan for new knitters and a quick baby gift for more advanced knitters. It's also a great first project for any knitter new to garments.
Worked in DK yarn from the top-down with the option to work the sleeves flat or in the round, whichever you prefer. There are no charts, all instructions are written fully and includes various buttonhole options.
0-3 (3-6, 6-9, 9-12, 12-18, 18-24) months - designed to be worn with 2.5cm / 1” positive ease around the chest
Yarn (very approx):
DK 224 (224, 336, 336, 448, 448) metres
Here are some yarn suggestions:
- Rico Classic Baby DK x 2 (2, 3, 3, 3 3) metres
- Sirdar Country Classic DK x 2 (2, 3, 3, 4, 4) metres
- Socks Yeah DK x 2 (2, 3, 3, 4, 4) metres
- WYS ColourLab DK x 1 (1, 2, 2, 2, 2) balls
You will also need:
- 4mm knitting needles (you can use straight needles but you may find circular needles easier for the larger sizes to accommodate the number of stitches). If you want to knit the sleeves in-the-round (no sewing up) then you will need 4mm knitting needles suitable for working small circumferences. Either Double Pointed Needles or a long circular needle for Magic Loop. Get in touch if you need anymore info. We're always happy to help.
- 3 buttons - approx 10-15mm in diameter.
- 2 stitch markers
- Wool needle and scissors.