3 Colour Cowl
This is our version of Joji Locatelli's 3-color cashmere cowl. It’s a tall cowl, measuring 65cm circumference and 50cm long, with eyelets, stripes, purl bumps and lace.
It's knitted in 4ply and it’s lightweight and drapey. We've used the fabulous Socks Yeah! in Benitoite, Danburite, Ruby.
Knitted during a holiday (car travel, caravan, restaurant/pub) I can highly recommend this as a perfect easy going knit...
- It’s knitted in the round on circular needles - so it's more portable to carry around.
- it's knitted using one needle - so you don't need to carry multiple sizes.
- there is nothing too taxing, so you can pick it up and put it down, or chat and drink without worrying about losing your place (just make sure you mark the start of your round).
- the pattern is written in sections, so you feel you're making progress and you can look ahead to the next bit - which is always motivating.
- once you cast off, and sorted your ends, you can wear it. Although it does benefit from a gentle wash and a flat drying!
Why Socks Yeah!?
- soft but not floppy, it's 75% merino (the 25% nylon makes it hard wearing).
- subtly marled, giving the shades depth.
- great stitch definition.
- 50g hanks, so you're not breaking into 100g hanks of 4ply. And although you'll have some leftovers - they'll be perfect for heels and toes on socks.
- there are loads of shades to choose from. You can be bold, subtle, bright, dark, pastel... or indeed knit it all in one colour!
We’ve put together a few kits for you.
Choose from 4 colour combos and get a copy of the digital pattern. The price of the kit is 10% lower than buying everything separately.
If you want to make up your own colour combos, see our full range of Socks Yeah.
Or indeed, browse our full range 4ply yarn.
If you want to buy the pattern yourself... you can do so on Ravelry.